ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

!!car revs up coming to a stop please help!!

clio 172 sport
got a prob , the past month or so i have been coming to a stop as soon as i put my foot on the clutch the revs go up been going to 1500 to 2000 revs but if i put my foot under the gas peddle the it goes back down to where its ment to be, had t/boby cleaned out but still does it but the past few days been in stop /start traffic and its staying at 2000 revs have to turn car of and on to make it go back down.:S
can anyone help as its doing my head in now:mad: , been to a few garages but thay keep telling me difo things plus it cuts out but only done that a few times the reving up happens 9/10 times i drive it and i use it every day please help me before i kill the silly thing:(
thanks

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
It sounds like you could have a problem with the accelerator. This is fly-by-wire in your clio.

ballistic jap missile!!!
the idle speed valve on the trottle body needs a small squirt with carb/brake cleaner then wd40'ing,mine does it also.

Clio Sport 172
I had a similer problem, few strands of the throttle cable had broken and frayed inside the outer sheathing and making it stick. was sticking at bout 2000rpm slowly got worse untill it started sticking at bout 5000rpm.

ballistic jap missile!!!
^^^^^mines doin that now,just cant be bothered fixin it,will do soon though:)

BMW M135i
the idle speed valve on the trottle body needs a small squirt with carb/brake cleaner then wd40'ing,mine does it also.

I had a similer problem, few strands of the throttle cable had broken and frayed inside the outer sheathing and making it stick. was sticking at bout 2000rpm slowly got worse untill it started sticking at bout 5000rpm.
Ph2 is electric throttle so hasn't got an ISCV nor a throttle cable.

Could be a few things tbh, if picking the pedal up used to sort it then i'd get a replacement pedal first off.

Renault Sport Clio 172
i had a similar problem on my valver a few years back. turned out that the manifold gasket was blown apart so the mechanic told me. so £300 later it was back to normal..... but to this day can't help but feel ripped off! oh well lol

Clio 182
i have no idea, but sometimes my car is starting to stick at 2000 revs even when im stationary. sounds awful when stood still. HELP

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Mines doing the same just not quite as severe. When coming to a stop it'll rev up to 2k ish and then slowly come back down. I was thinking I'd need a new TB which is why I've been putting off sorting it out or that it was something to do with the rstuner map.

Bumder With A Buffer
Dave mine is the same. coming to a stop, put foot on cltuch and car revs up to about 2k then comes down. f**king annoying actually!

A new RStuner map sorts it for about a week then it starts doing it again! Throttle body is the culprit. Cant decide whether to take it off to clean it or what though??

ClioSport 172 Cup
check you dont have any air leaks. On the Mk2 ph2 there is a pipe on the back of the Throttle body, if you remove that it does a similar thing, revs at 2k constantly, so check that out. But you should check the pedal first, also check the Butterfly is not sticking and is closing properly and check the inlet manifold for air leaks.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Dave mine is the same. coming to a stop, put foot on cltuch and car revs up to about 2k then comes down. f**king annoying actually!

A new RStuner map sorts it for about a week then it starts doing it again! Throttle body is the culprit. Cant decide whether to take it off to clean it or what though??

I tried cleaning mine rich and it didnt solve it.

Clio 172 CUP
Old thread I know.......but mine has started doing exactly this, anybody tell me how to resolve this??

Cheers
Daz