ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car quote - Jap import

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Today I did a quick quote (using gocompare) on a Classic Subaru STi (1996), however when I entered the reg, it came up with 'Subaru RX 2006-2007'.

I'm assuming that would mean it was registered in the UK in 2006-2007, but how come it isn't showing as an STi?

​Wouldn't want to be buying something then get done for having dodgy insurance. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Fiesta ST2
If your sure its an 96 STi manually enter the car details and get a quote for that. When you go to buy it it'll ask for your reg number.

The Reg number could have been on a 06-07 RX and was transferred to the STi. Insurance companies don't update constantly.

Ford Mustang 5.0
With Japanese Imports the reg search doesnt always work. When insuring Japanese Import vehicles we always do a manual model search on the database to make sure we have the exact model and year right.

If there isnt a equivalent UK model it often means it will appear wrong on the database. For example they didnt make a 1996 STi model in the UK (STI models were available in UK from 2001 Bug Eye onwards) so its pulling through the incorrect details.

If you wanted us to take a look at a quote id be more than happy to help. If you wanted to PM me your details i can get in touch and run a price. (Subaru's are normally 25 and over with us though)

best regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah I did that Adam, I'm just too used to entering the reg, far easier!

Thanks Neil but I'm 22 so assuming it would be a lot!

Similar thing happened again today, quote on an Evo iv, came back as a Galant V6! :S

Ford Mustang 5.0
Yeah I did that Adam, I'm just too used to entering the reg, far easier!

Thanks Neil but I'm 22 so assuming it would be a lot!

Similar thing happened again today, quote on an Evo iv, came back as a Galant V6! :S

Liam

Yes mate at 22 it will be PRETTY expensive to insure an STI or an EVO (we only do these models for drivers aged 25+)

If you fancied something else like an Integra DC5 then we could help

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you can get the reg/vin I can tell you exactly what it is from the Scooby epc