ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car problems!!

clio sport 172
hey evry1 need a bit of advice, i started my car up this mornin and the revs went up to 2000rpm, and slowly kept goin up, so when i drove off the car was movin without be usin accelartor i was just usin the gears and the clutch and it was goin up to 40 mph, so turned round and parked it up again, went out to turn it on again revs did the exact same but this time it was back firein alot then the engine, induction kit and exaust strated to jump, anyone no wat this cud be???

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What car? Ph1 172 by any chance?

If so, check your idle control valve, your MAP sensor too and your lambda sensors. Depending on year, you'll either have one or two lambdas.

clio sport 172
its a 172 m8, its a 02 car was so weird cause was in it last nyt and it was runnin fine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ph2 172 then.

Most of that still applies. you won't have an ICV though, so check the MAP and lambda sensors. They'll be two on your car, one before and one after the cat. They're normally the cause of rough running.

It might be worth a trip into a dealer to get it diagnosed before you start changing the lambdas though, as they're a sack ache to replace and not cheap if there's nothing wrong with your current ones.

clio sport 172
ok thanx for ur advice m8, my m8 has managed to get it into his garage on wed now so i will pass on the info u have gave me to see if this could be the problems, i have just had a 4" JAPbox cat back exaust sytem fitted could this be the cause of this?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not if it's cat-back, it shouldn't have.

Although there's a chance you've disturbed something when you've fitted it. Most likely a lambda sensor.

You're best off getting the fault code before anything else.

clio sport 172
ok i will try and get my m8 round to look at it cause got the exaust system done at wallace performance in aberdeen, so it shud o been done ryt cause they r meant to be pros lol