ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car On Fire

Just going to Halfords and then what happens...accelerator pedal sticks to the floor and there is still tension there, so i idle my way to the garage and get there and then as we go to the car there is smoke coming from the bonnet!

Pop the bonnet and the car is on fire!

The accelerator cable has obviously caused a spark with the battery? = burnt and snapped accelerator cable and 1 min away from an explosion!

Lucky me!

Thank god the beast is still in 1 piece!

190 BHP Willy 2

I had this happen on my valver too. Throttle cable was rubbing on something andthe rest is history. Luckily not too much damage done though.

I remember driving to Brum once from London on a late night run to a party - from the start of the Mway in London to Brum took an hour ;) in my ickle XR2. Superb fun!

The slight problem was when my mates mates were having a poke around under the bonnet next morning and saw that there was petrol pissing out somewhere! Eek!

So we drove it back to london. LOL :p

Kinda figured that if it went up en route Id just dive to the kerb and dump it!

Ah, those were the days...

if you use a socket set ratchet to take the 7mm bolt out that holds your battery down ( on the valver+ mk1s) its easy to swing the ratchet round and let it touch the +ve terminal on the battery - the ratchets earthed by the socket + bolt... and bang.... done it twice now, set fire to a oily rag on the engine bay the last time, easily done!!!

I allways carry a fire extingiusher & a glass hammer in my car..................you never know when you might need em !

the fire extinguisher is excelent for squirting annoying cyclists as you drive past them & the glass hammer is an essential tool for smashing someones window so that you can get in & release the handbrake (annoying pratts that block you in) ;)