ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Not starting *Help needed*

Clio 182
The uch could make it play up. The uch talks 2 the injection computer. The uch sends the immobilser code to the injection computer. Could b sendin incorect code. i ave had issues wiv uchs. Feul pump relay lives in the relay box next 2 the battery. next 2 the imob relay.{ they r all black}. Has feul pump stopped piming after checkin relays?

Clio 172 Cup
Car's provisionally booked in Renault for Wednesday (my day off work) apparently as long as it's 24 hours after you've taken out a policy with AA you're covered. Might try that. Cheers mate!

wicked stuff can you let me no what they say your problem is mate as be nice to no :)

The uch could make it play up. The uch talks 2 the injection computer. The uch sends the immobilser code to the injection computer. Could b sendin incorect code. i ave had issues wiv uchs. Feul pump relay lives in the relay box next 2 the battery. next 2 the imob relay.{ they r all black}. Has feul pump stopped piming after checkin relays?

Yeah it did but it was a while after, roughly around 5 hours after me cleaning the relays.

clio...
I've had the exact same problem today, left car went for a round of golf.. come back wouldnt start. Exactly the same happened in the same order as you. Called the RAC, was in a tight space so half turned key so i could steer and moved it across the car park where there was space. Guy came, car turned over first time. Apparently, my key & imb were out of sink... and buy doing what I did, key half turn and making sure the wheels complete one full spin it resinks them. Thus solving the problem, that and battery was abit s**t so that needs replacing aswell.

I've had the exact same problem today, left car went for a round of golf.. come back wouldnt start. Exactly the same happened in the same order as you. Called the RAC, was in a tight space so half turned key so i could steer and moved it across the car park where there was space. Guy came, car turned over first time. Apparently, my key & imb were out of sink... and buy doing what I did, key half turn and making sure the wheels complete one full spin it resinks them. Thus solving the problem, that and battery was abit s**t so that needs replacing aswell.

Not heard that before. My wheels have been from lock to lock though when the car needed pushing on to the flat part of my drive.

Does anyone know what the red engine management light with "STOP" in the middle of it means? As that flashes now when you try to turn the car over.

Edit: Just found out what it is.

Last edited:
Red engine light and stop light flashing? Thats the coolant warning light, Might be worth firing a CTS in. Unusual for that to make it not run though, would usually just run like a heap of s**t.

EDIT-Thinking about it, is there any coolant in there? If not, that'll be why its flashing if you;ve been cranking it for ages and ages.

That's what I found while searching. If you search this thread you'll find a post about resyncing your immobiliser, that could possibly help you with your problem.

Well the AA bloke came today and had no joy firing it up. He ran a diagnostic via his laptop and it found 15 electrical faults lol. He ran it again and it found 7. Can't remember them all but it found a throttle body fault, throttle pedal sensor fault, some relay problem. I've probably not named them correctly but you get the idea.

It's gone to Renault in St Helens just waiting on a phone call on the bad news and how badly it's going to hit me in the pocket. It's going to be big though :dead:

The various lights that I've asked about during this thread kept going out and coming back on intermittently and even the immobiliser wouldn't disarm at one point while the AA bloke was trying to get it to fire up.

French Electrics! :rolleyes:

Turns out the starting problem was down to a wiring fault, not sure of details yet but with the replacement of my faulty UCH I've got quite a heavy bill to pay when the car's ready for me to pick up.

The joys of motoring :rolleyes:

Last edited: