ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car not selling?

ive got my 172 for sale in the for sale sec but no ones having a sniff , any pointers? i would take a sensible offer:dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just read your advert, and tbh, i'm not surprised its not sold. No service history because you don't trust it????

I've sold three cars off here in as many months, and if its priced sensibly (yours is too dear with no history btw) it will sell.

Sounds harsh, but i'm only trying to offer you advice.

The lack of service history would put me off straight away tbh, there is no way I would ever call up let alone see a car with out it.

If you have invoices/bills for any work done say that in the advert, if you've had it serviced by a local garage say that in the ad.

No service history would mean I'd ever pay anywhere like that. I'd give you what it was worth with no hisotry ie a heck of a lot less.

I dont care about service history to be honest i've brought
cars in the past without and theres people out there that
would do the same..
Its the asking price thats stopping it from being sold
you can get the same car in an auction for around
3G

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As said, no history will put 90% of people off, and for the 10% that are interested that's too much for a car with none. Plus a belt change won't be too far off, a year away max, ideally they are done sooner than that too.

Most cars that aren't shifting are simply up for too much money :(

Classic Mini Cooper
ive got my 172 for sale in the for sale sec but no ones having a sniff , any pointers? i would take a sensible offer:dapprove:
No history would put me off, and imo it's way too much money, you can get them cheaper from dealers with warranty etc

for all you are going to get for it - money wise - i would take it off the road and put it in the garage for the winter months. surely £5k isn't really going to make that much difference in the grand scale of things towards getting a works van...just buy a reliable, cheaper van. then you would be able to enjoy the best of both worlds...come the summer months again, tax the car for 6 months! your car insurance would be well down as well as you would probably be doing less than 5000 miles! just an option for you to think about.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the advert isnt great matey. Id bin that one and start again - all photos on the advert as well, not just a link to the site with them on it, who wants to have to trowl through loads of pics?

Take some fresh new photos, identify the small issues in the car and show as many receipts and everything as possible.

Really slow market at the mo, bare in mind you can get a 182 now for £7k, that doesnt help. Might be an idea to say you'd consider delivering it as well?