ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car no longer recognising key

120d M Sport
Hi,

a few months back my key fell apart, I managed to put it back together using the plastic casing from another key and since then it has worked 90% of the time, intermittently not starting first time (red led light on the dash flashing)

Now strangely it just does this everytime I turn the key, so so annoying! The car is now just sitting there totally immobile.

Does anyone know of a company that can copy transponder keys? I have all the bits still. I have heard that copies can be made for these cars (mk2 clio)

Thanks

Alex

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
it might just need to be re-linked to the car. ::

Sit in the car.
Press lock on the button on the inside and hold it. The car shoud lock and then unluck.
The flashing red light on your dash will burn permanent if done right.
Now aim your key at the receiver on the ceiling and press it.
The key will now reprograms itself and the central locking sould work fine again.
quote From ChrisRS

^That is the resync procedure for a remote mforan2012. You have cracked one of the solder joints for the on board transponder alex-avfc. Hence why it was working intermittently at first. You just need an auto locksmith to resolder the joints. I may be able to suggest someone if you PM me with the area your in.