ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car locking itself???

2001 Clio 1.4
Hi all I'm hoping someone can help me on here..
I went outside earlier today to clean the windows on my car so I unlocked the car but didnt open any doors as I started cleaning the outside first but after a couple of minutes the car locked itself so I unlocked it again and the same thing happened (I did this a few times), the keys were hanging up in the hall so I couldnt of accidently pressed the button on the fob. I've only had the car since christmas and its never done this before so I just want to know is this suppose to happen as others have told me its suppose to.
At the moment I can't open one of the back doors due to the button being pushed down and now it won't pull back up is this anything to do with it??
The car is a 2001 (Y reg) clio.

Thanks in advance

Claire x

SQ5
Hi

It will of always done it, its a safety feature incase when say walking away from your car you accidently press the button, it will then lock it self as no doors have been opened and it thinks it was an accident.

I wouldn't worry about it, just unlock it open the door and close it again if you want it to stay unlocked :)

Mk3 Dynamique S
The car is meant to lock itself.

If the doors are unlocked but not opened it automatically locks again (i think its about a minute after pressing the button). Its a security feature so you don't accidently unlock the car and leave it open.