ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car insurance

renault clio 1.4 16v
hi guys

just a quick question

i am buying a car to sell it in a month or so. the only problem is it has a cracked windscreen so i was thinking insure the car for a month fix the windscreen and then cancel the insureance. i understand that i can insure the motor claim the windscreen the next day and canel the day after. if anyone can give any advice that be great as i dont want to fork out 500 quid for a new screen

charlie

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you have the windscreen replaced and it occurred before the insurance was taken out you can get shafted for fraud. Glass claims also have an incident date and this of course has to be within your policy schedule dates.

Also you may not be entitled to a refund with a claim on it, depends on the company.

Glass isn't that expensive and fitting is also not that expensive. Once you've screwed around on the phone and had cancellation fees it won't be cheaper to do it the way you want. Which I do not recommend.