ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurance Query - Being Able To Drive Other Cars

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that will let drivers under the age of 25 drive other cars with permission at Third Party level?

My g/f is due to renew her insurance on her '08 plate 1.4 Corsa SXi and wants a policy that has this included if possible. She's 23 with 4 years NCB and has over 4 years driving experience.

I've tried Quinn Direct but they want around £750. The renewal with Bell is around £475 which is steep as she was around £360 last year with 1 year less NCB.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
You can do it with Bell, i've got mine with them. Think you have to click on the Flexi-Bell option.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Its a myth that if your fully comp you can drive any car so your right to check. It has to be written on the certifiacate if your alowed to do this. I have it on my policy and i didn't ask for it, maybe this is as i'm 25 now. Best carrying on as you are and check through the different companies. Adrian flux (i have my policy with them) would be a good one to call as they're a brokers so thy can check many companies for you

CLIO 1.2
Check what you are really covered for. I am with direct line and checked with them about this some time ok, they told me that I would be insured to drive another vehicle that has it's own FULLY comp insurance in an emergency only!

Sound like they would try to wriggle out of any claim if you ask me.

Frenchman

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
^^^My g/f's pal got stung with that one as she crashed her brothers car. It went to court but got thrown out due to the small print being unclear.

I'm going to phone the current insurer to see why the renewal is so high and see if they can improve it at all.................then take it from there I guess.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Quinn Direct want over £750!

I spoke with Bell and they will reduce the £485 renewal to £445. They told me that in a years time the "flexibell" for under 25's will be withdrawn.