ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Idling/Electric Problem

Saxo
Ive got a 172 Clio Sport FF

Over the last few months its been happening occassionly and recently more and more frequently, ill be driving as normal when the electric light comes on and i lose alot of power to accelerate, i can only get upto about 20k revs in 3rd and a little better in 4th. To get rid of the problem I turn it off and start up again, it does go for a short while but comes back.

The garage said the 1st time he looked at it he thought it could be the acceleration needle so he cleaned it incase it was just a little glitch but it started doin it again about 5 days after.

Took a reading today using the logistics thing and its:

Has anyone got any idea what could be wrong?

Nissan 350z
I doubt you have 4 problems at once. I imagine some of those codes have occured in the past and simply been stored in the ECU.

You need to take your car to a garage and get it hooked up to a diagnostic computer or someone off here with an RSTuner. Get them to erase all error codes then go for a drive and see which one reoccurs. That will be your genuine fault code(s) indicating the problem.

Clio Cup 172
hi mate could you let me know if you get this fixed because mine is doing exactly the same but only goes into "limp" mode wen i rev close to the red line. I've read a couple of other threads and no one has managed to get it fixed.

Thanks