ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car handling problem rear wheel bearing and lowering springs

Clio sport 172
Can any one help I had my Clio sports lowered and the rear wheel bearings since a Mot test show they have some play in them ! When I hit a bump on the road or going road a corner turning left it feels like the car back end jumps and feels like the car is going to spin off ' I don't know if its the springs or the rear wheel bearing that have play in them or the shocks ? Has any one else had this problem please advise help !

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take it to a garage that knows what they're doing.

If there's play in a road wheel then the road holding isn't going to be great. If a damper cannot hold the tyre to the road then this will reduce grip and again, road holding will be compromised.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im had the same problem with my 182, it was diagnosed with leaky rear dampers and its best to change both. Obviously get someone to check it out first.