ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car electricians get in here. relays fuses etc.

chumpmobile
hello everyone.

i recently changed my headlights to dual optics. all well but the dipped beams don't stay on when the main beams are on.

i understand that i need to wire in some kind of relays or fuse but i have no idea what i am doing/what should be done!

help please
:cool:
jamie

Polo + Micra
i'd check with someone good with electronics but i'm sure you could just wire a diode between the relay coil supply of the main beam relay and the coil of the dipped beam relay coil

my fairly small knowledge says this should work but you'll have to check with someone who knows

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What car is it? I suspect its to do with your UCH output. It will send a live feed to the dipped and then, when you flick to main, will drop it and send a seperate feed to the main which is why you're losing the dip beam.

It will be simple enough to create a work-a-round

Jap Box
Mine do this too, think there is a solution but its never really bothered me as with the full beam on the range is fine enough for me.

Polo + Micra
get one of these solder some wire on either end and then jam it in with the relay coils

cheap enough to try it and if it works find a way to fix it more permanent