ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car clocked

Black gold 182
If a car has been purchased from a dealer and they sold a car that the mileage had been clocked. What can you do and ask for thanks

Black gold 182
What rights does a person have if they got a car from a car garage and a few months later you find out that it's been taken from 120,009 miles down to 56,000. Anything you can do

Titanium 182
Contact citizens advice bureau.

What proof do you have to say it's been clocked? Do they have previous MOT certificates showing up to 120k? LOL if they left those in there!

Titanium 182
Did a mot history check. What can I ask for do you no. Or will it just be a refund on the car

Speak to citizens advice bureau, I'm not sure the procedure they'll follow but they're the most help you'll find on cases like this. More than likely you'll approach the garage in hand with the evidence you have with the aim of getting a refund. In these scenarios it's pretty much an opened and closed case.

What's the name of the garage, and when did you buy it from them? Have you spoken to them about it yet?

Titanium 182
Renault themselves? Under which dealer? I assume they're claiming they weren't aware of the car being clocked?

You have them over a barrel, I suggest you visit the CAB immediately.

Black gold 182
Well that's what they saying and all they say they willing to do is swap for another car that's the same. Don't think that's really acceptable after what they done

Titanium 182
What do you want out of it? Refund?

Would you not just buy another car anyway? Get them to get you a better spec/lower mileage one (that isn't clocked, heh). Like I said, tell them you're going to get in touch with citizens advice bureau and you're willing to seek legal advice if it comes to it. Hopefully it won't, for both your sakes, but sure them you're serious enough and they should be able to help you out.

BMW 535d
I think you may be missing the point that Renault may not have realised it had been clocked mate

Titanium 182
I think you may be missing the point that Renault may not have realised it had been clocked mate

No I've fully taken that in to account, pretty dim witted of them to take a car in without checking it's history thoroughly, isn't it?

It is, but Renault are DUMB, the car I previously looked at had a duff history which I proved, but Renault still took it in for a part exchange without realising this. Or maybe they did and they didn't care.

Back to the OP, what are you expecting/after? You say you don't want another car or similar, what do you want then?

You should be able to get a refund, but as said, I would try and get a slightly newer and lower mileage car out of it.

Titanium 182
Oh yeah, sorry...

...pal.

Ha sorry buddy, I have a tendancy to call people 'pal' 'buddy' 'mate' without even realising it, it wasn't said in a condescending way. No hard feelings, pal? :)

I can't stop thinking of Terrence and Philip off South Park now..

Last edited: