ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cleaning numpty - what shall I buy?! <£100

320d M Sport
So, after a few years of running a s**t car up and down the motorway I've now got a nice car again, hoorah. Now to make it shine like f**k.

Anyway, since I've been away detailing has gone off massively, right. So, gone are the days of wash and wax...

Can someone point me in the right direction of what stuff to buy, upto around £60? Is that possible, I dunno.... Or even a guide to explain everything..?! As in which stages to do things in..?

Thanks! [emoji481]

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Id buy £60 one pound buckets and use the very popular 60 bucket method...

On other car forums they have refered to the cliosport members as the bucketeers...

A half decent wax, I have dodo supernatural myself... I think that's what it's called and after the winter it's still had some one when I finally washed the car a week or 2 ago..

Clio 182 - RB
2 buckets with grit guards, lambs wool wash mitt, some decent microfibre cloths, specific microfibre to clean glass with, Auto Finesse Lather (car shampoo) and some polish of your choice [emoji4]

Should be sub £100.

320d M Sport
Yea just spent the morning reading em all. Feel a bit more clued up now. Ok. Best budget brand then..?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Auto Finesse is decent for a hobbyist

You'll struggle to cover all bases for £60 though.

Pre Wash - Avalanche/Citrus Power
Wheels - Imperial
Shampoo - Lather
Tar Remover - ObliTARate
Fallout - Iron Out
Clay/Clay Mitt - Farcela G3 (Halfords)
Polish - Tripple
Sealant/Wax - Budget dependant
Tyre Shine - Megs Endurance (Halfords)
Plastics - Revive
Glass - Crystal
QD - Finale

That's without Buckets, Mitts, Drying Towels, Brushes and lots of Microfibres and Applicators.

You can shop around but I've just shown for ease of purchase and use where my money would probably go.

A4 Avant & A3
I'm a cleaning numpty too.. just looking into some basic cleaning products, would anyone know, is the auto finesse sample pack basically just enough for single use? or would I get enough to do an a4 estate & a golf? thinking I might bin the old stuff I have now & try something new.

At present I have some pretty old AG super resin polish & the Extra Gloss Protection, does this stuff have a shelf life? not sure how many years I've had it now (just never find the time to clean cars now a days) also I doubt there's enough left to do my 2 cars.

Is the polish/sealant in the AF sample set above any better than the Autoglym products or are they very similar? not sure what to get really.
One of the cars in question was bought off here & was well clean a year ago... I want that back lol (but I'm crap at cleaning cars!)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
my car was clean when I got it, but I spent 2 days cleaning it inside and out.. Polished all the paintwork with the das6 pro, plenty of protection after and now it takes no time to clean to a high standard.. I take care cleaning it and make sure I don't trash the hard work using rubbish sponges and bad habits.

Maybe someone on here can buff you up and then show you a good fast cheap method to get you a good finish..

A4 Avant & A3
I'm going to give it a shot... To be fair it does come up pretty well with a quick wash.
Im a bit lazy when it comes to doing around the doors/boot lid. All the details really, which let's it down.
Going to need to up my time spent on cleaning it every once in a while.
Its been as year since its seen any polish, so thought I'd treat it!