ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Cleaning Bug!

Works...kind of...
For the first time, I started cleaning my car and then found that I couldn't stop cleaning it untill EVERYTHING was spotless! It's wrong that I'm talking in a past tence though, because I'm still going!

I washed the car yesterday, first with a bucket and a small length of hose with a none return valve in the bucket, and on the other end was a brush (Shake it and the soapy water comes out). Then when I did that I decided to get the hose out (for the first time in many years) with the power washer-esque gun so that I could get rid of the fields worth of mud under the arches. (gf lives on a farm) Then it started getting late, so I decided to wax the car the following day. (today)

Woke up early, then had a thought. I should get the T-Cut Colourfast stuff to get rid of the scratches on the car. So I did that, then I waxed it. This included Bonnet shuts, boot shuts, and door shuts.

After I did this I had to open the passenger door to get something out, then I seen what looked like 8 years worth of dirt and grime where the door hinges are, so I thought "what the hell" and started cleaning that too.

I'm still not finished!

Tomorrow I got to finsh where I left off, then do the other door. "Hot Wheels" the wheels, finish waxing the roof (hate that part, so usually leave it till last). Silicon the bumpers and mirrors (and any other peice of fadded plastic I find). Then clean the interior.

Anyone else been so insanely extensive, or more so, like this?

O yeah, my arms/fingers/legs/back hurts!

106 GTi
Once you start you cant stop. A fair few of us on here that occasionally like to clean!

M140i/Orange 182
r-jay said:
Once you start you cant stop. A fair few of us on here that occasionally like to clean!

expecially you r-jay..;)

its a hobbie, like cars and women!

106 GTi
I dont know what you mean :)

Cars, Women, Cleaning, put them all together, add food and beer ..... drools ;)

M140i/Orange 182
nice mate lol i now have a good prospective on your life!

sounds about the same with me..although ive got a g/f and work 9-5!!

106 GTi
I do the 9-5 thing called work aswell (I was mentioning the good things in live) but have no better half though.

RS 200
Have to agree, get quite addictive and expensive and you dont even notice. 12 months ago was still using some crappy carplan shampoo and any other products that were lying around until I got my new Clio last March.

Went from the crappy shampoo status to looking into detailing and paint care alot more and collected a heck of alot of prodcts over the last 12 months with my latest move in to the PC Polisher and Autoglym products range, aswell as a load of other meguiars bobs.

Progressing from the quick wash, crappy shampoo days to a quick wash now lasting 2 hours, basic wash and dry. Can easily spend all day on it, but I find the time goes quite quickly when you do something you enjoy.

Makes it feel better when your aching when strangers or neighbours walk past and compliment you on your work. :)

Get used to it mate, you have the bug.

Chris

106 GTi
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Makes it feel better when your aching when strangers or neighbours walk past and compliment you on your work. :)

Get used to it mate, you have the bug.

You have nice neighbours then Chris, mine just take the p*ss!

It's not a bug its an addiction or disorder ;)

RS 200
r-jay said:
You have nice neighbours then Chris, mine just take the p*ss!

It's not a bug its an addiction or disorder ;)

Yep get them too, think thats inevitable, you always get at least one person go past and say the usual " You can do mine when you've finished" or " You've missed abit".

Just as long as they get their comments in after I'm done with the hose :evil: .

Chris

ST
Following on from the other day Rich....managed to fit in a super resin this mornin with some scratch X on the niggly little marks n scratches.....worked a treat.

Thanks for the info, Alan.

ST
Exhaust on the way before the PC i'm affraid lol...need to give my neighbours something to really b**ch about instead of looking at me funny when i'm out cleaning the car every other day...