ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Cd Player, Sub and Amp Help Please!!

Clio Dynamique Black 3Dr
I have a renault clio dynamique 54 reg

I had a sub and amp connected to my headunit, today while the car was started and the cd player on, the live wire (the red one that goes from the amp to the car battery) came loose and touched something i guess another wire and made a spark and the cd player just went off and so did the clock that appears on the dashboard.

First i though it might be the fuse on the amp so i changed it but no luck, i have taken the live wire off from the battery and the amp, but my dashboard clock still does not work and also evrytime i put the ignition on the car makes a noise from the bonnet i dont knoiw where it is coming from the sort of noise a car makes when you leave your headlights on whenthe car is switched off and open the door.

what have i done and how do i sort it out??

Any Help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
  clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
thats bad i hope you find the fuse but tbh it could be any number of things i always secure mine very well as cost a lot in fault finding when this happen to a friend of mine and also found that it blew his amp not just the fuses so not to be taken lightly wen playing with electronics... gud luck m8 and hope its ok

Clio Dynamique Black 3Dr
I've just noticed when the headlights are on the clock appears but when they are not on it doesnt. and also the dash behind the steering where the mph is that also apears funny. the numbers keep going up and down.

can it still b the fuse then??

172 Cup
I've just noticed when the headlights are on the clock appears but when they are not on it doesnt. and also the dash behind the steering where the mph is that also apears funny. the numbers keep going up and down.

Sounds like you've well and truly borked something.

Clio Dynamique Black 3Dr

Sounds like you've well and truly borked something.

any ideas what it can be and it be sorted out??

172 Cup
Doesn't sound like a fuse to me but I know nothing about auto electrics. Best wait for someone else to comment.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
it can still be fuses... but also somthing else may have shorted i think you going to have to take it to the doctors matey

Clio Dynamique Black 3Dr
cheers for your help every1 changed the fuse, the clock works now and so does the cd player sub and amp.

BUT the noise still comes from somewhere under the bonnet. only when i put the key in the ignition.

when the car is started it doesnt make that noise any idea what that noise can be it only started when i blew the fuse, nevr happend before so obviously it had something to do with that effect.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
mabe it shordet some other wire that is continuously shorting under the hood that you wont know about until you blow up