ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car bogs down at 70 when wet

golf gti soon clio !
Need some HELP !!
i was out driving 3rd gear 6k revs changed gear to 5th sitting at 70mph went to over take someone and the car seemed to loose power , chug a bit and splatter (almost like misfire) bogs down and maybe a pop sometimes then picked up run fine again ?? only happen for about 2 secs
only seems to happen when its wet , when i boot it in 2nd and 3rd and sit at 70 mph then try go faster in 5th

i was thinking coil pack or ht lead or pugs maybe the lambda got wet ?
any help would be good

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check your spark plug wells aren't filled with oil or water

golf gti soon clio !
diamond motors , there was oil round spark plug one but been like that when i got it and i wiped it all off yesterday but ALL the work on my car has been done at yours number plate : yp04 exg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Might be worth looking at the HT leads when they are off the spark plugs.. there is 5 or so seals on the lead that stop moisture and stuff getting down the spark plug hole. If it was me and the cause of it was the oil and moisture around the spark plug I would get some earbuds and with bottlenose plyers and try and mop up as much of the oil as I could then use an airduster with one of those tiny straws like you get on wd40 and blow as much of the crap out as I could. Would replace the HT lead as it sounds like it isnt sealing.