ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car alarm bleep.......

225 & Audi S4

booked the car to sort out the alarm, still has a problem, it beeps three times when i lock the door, they say it is not a common fault for the 182, does anyone know how to sort out this problem out, or can give me some advice, so i can tell the garage what to do, they are pretty useless. Tried to search options but no luck.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Mine has started doing it fairly regularly at petrol stations recently, very odd seeing as it was fine for the first 6 months.

Dirty E91

Its got something to do with setting the alarm to soon after closing the door or after switching the car off the system is too slow. Ive had this a couple of times dont think its anything too serious.

I like to think of it as a feature of the car rather than a fault!

here we go:-

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 08 February 2005

here we go:-

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

Just wondered where you got this from? Seems like a quote, and I was wondering if you had something with all of the clio problems and solutions?