ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't start car to do leak test

My DCI is ticking over but not starting, I suspect to do with the injectors which I already know are an issue with the car. I need to do a leak test to find out which of the injectors it is that needs replacing as it seems to be in pretty bad condition if its not starting it at all. I'm now considering replacing all 4 with pre-used injectors if there is no other way.

I remember having this problems before winter last year, and it took 15 or so attempts to get it going. I can do that, but I'm concerned the starter motor might also blow out in the process with another thing yet to replace to get me back to square one.

If I do end up purchasing the injectors, would they need to be coded into the ECU, or can I simply 'plug and play'?