ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't select gear - what's up?

172DD Cup
i'll put it on record that i bear no grudge against you tony nor do i blame you at all for any of this. i'm happy tony that you wouldn't have knowingly sold me a box that you knew to be faulty. it's just one of those things, thats all, nothing more nothing less. i'm sorry if i've said something to upset you, that wasn't my intention. obviously i'm not happy at the moment at the situation i'm in but it isn't aimed at anyone or anything, just the situation.

172DD Cup
Offer still stands, mate. I'll bring some tools over and remove the box at yours, or you can leave it on my driveway if needed.

Chuck me some beer money and we'll have it back in no time.

that would be grand, cheered me up a bit :) i'll wait to hear from tony once he's spoken to agency and we'll go from there.
because i need to send the box off or run it up there in a day, it will have to be half and half - remove the box, couple of days break, then replace the box. i'd prefer to do it at mine because then i won't have to worry about shipping myself back and forth to yours without a car. i'll cover your fuel costs and beer money of course, but if you really prefer i can bring it over to yours and get the train from and to yours.

182cup & 172 racecar
A far as we know it was,this box was built for to put in the race car but we can.t change the final drive on this particular model,so we moved it on so we could replace it with one that we could.
We don't know why there is a problem.Anything could have happened to this box,dropped,wrong oil,selector not aligned correctly,any number of things,and now we are trying to help with the situation,begining to wish we had not sold it now.

330i. E30 Touring.
These things happen. Top marks for trying to get it sorted Tony.

Nice bloke.

Where you based KP?

172DD Cup
cheers :cool:

and thanks tony, appreciate you helping me out, i'm starting to enjoy the whole clio experience a little more :approve:

172DD Cup
tony wins that one, agency do have a good reputation, they're going to repair the box free of charge!! thanks tony :)

anyone know a good courier??

budgie, i'll pm you about getting the box out.

182cup & 172 racecar
We could have said tuff luck,sold as seen.But we wouldn't do that,I think it's just one of those freeky things.I know what it would be like to have to rake the box out again,so we did what we could to help you.

172DD Cup
cheers budgie, out the top as well :)
as soon as i'd finished tidying i had a bite to eat and my virus kicked in again, i've only just got out of bed :(
wonder if we can break the 3hr record putting it back in?

172DD Cup
yeah, this thread is prob due an update!
we just did the box. we had the engine balanced on a jack so we could maneuver it around a bit to give us extra room. i dropped it back in the same way too. it's all working now, got my fingers crossed it stays that way. just passed mot too, needed a new rear caliper and number plate bulb.

just steering to sort out and the eml light now. oh the fun. still love looking at it out the window though, especially after it's been raining. hmmm shiny.