ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can't get trolley jack under car!!

koi

Audi S1
Just bought a trolley jack from Halfrauds and can't get the bl**dy thing under the car! It's not exactly slammed either!!

Other people must have this problem too. How do you get around it? Should I return it and get a different jack?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
drive the wheels of the car onto a bit of wood or something then get the jack under ;)

J

Jim NM

Just jack up slightly with your clio jack, then stick the trolley jack under.

RenaultSport 172.
brick/wood idea is better becuase you can get the jack correctly under the jacking point...where as using 2x jacks means one or both are incorrect on the sills.

"Navy" N17 TWO
brick/wood idea is better becuase you can get the jack correctly under the jacking point...where as using 2x jacks means one or both are incorrect on the sills.

+1
Better logic ;)

Or for the gifted, get a low-rider jack :)

Wouldn't a trolley jack indent the jacking point on the sills ?

With the cup on it ? :S

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Take it back and buy a low entry jack. Dont bother buggering about with bits of wood and renault jacks.

Cro

Meg'd r27
mine has to be driven onto a block or brick before the trolley jack will go under, for a low entry jack you looking at spending from £130 up for a race trolley jack

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mynes jacked up at the mo with a halfrauds jack and my car is lowerd, painting the rear drums gloss black, waiting for them to dry at the mo:mad:

koi

Audi S1
Just returned the thing, would rather not have the hassle of driving onto a couple of planks just to jack up. One from Machine Mart will do for me.

FYI Halfrauds are doing a opening of the Irvine store this Saturday, worth poppin by for the Ripspeed girls :D