ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant choose a phone !

Skoda Fabia vRS
nothing seems to fit the bill

i use the camera on my phone a fair bit, currently a K850i, so id want something at the very least as good as that

ive been waiting and waiting for the c905 but now i see it has a slider covering the lens which i hate, had a few SE phones with this on and i didnt really want it again

also, the internet on the c905 looks piss poor, no better than what i have now, i never use the net on my phone because of how poor it is, and i see all these new phones out which are pretty decent to use online

the iphone would be a choice but the camera is too poor, looked at the X1 and that looked good, but thats got a crap camera aswell

looked at Samsungs latest offerings but ive always found their phones to be lacking in features and i wouldnt trust a Samsung touch screen enough to even order one to try and then send back, i know its going to be useless

if the iphone or X1 had a better camera id possibly go for one of these, i like the idea of having the internet on my phone

Skoda Fabia vRS
thought about the N96 however im reading the battery life is even worse than the N95 which my brother has, and he has to charge that every day which would really annoy me

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If I was going to get a N series, it'd be the N85. OLED screen for one thing and a tiny bit smaller, and hoping it will run better than the N96 which has been slated by everyone I've known see it. And better battery I believe too, but am not 100% sure on this.

Big sellin point of the N96: DVB-H TV tuner.

Big point not said: no service for this in the UK at present, and unlikely for a few years at minimum.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Without a doubt, the new sony with the 8mp camera... not sure if thats the one mentioned above, don't know the model number. Friend got it a few days early (think it comes out today or tmrw) had a play on it, and its awesome!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you used it? Tried it yesterday and then auto light adjustment and flash are superb... only took a few pictures in different lights and stuff but it seemed pretty impressive

Skoda Fabia vRS
anymore opinions ?

seems quiet on here with phones at the mo even though so many new ones have come out recently

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If i were you i'd;

Get an iPhone. (nothing wrong with the camera unless you take shots in the dark then its a fail)
Get an iNNOV8
Or
Wait for the N85 or 5800 to come out.

Dont f**k about with phones you know might be s**t (X1, LG, any samsung other than the innov8)

I am the expert.

Skoda Fabia vRS
have you used the i8510 ?

whats putting me off about it is the internet, from pics ive seen it looks rubbish and the lack of full screen page puts me off aswell

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
the i8510 uses the same browser as any S60 phone.

Runs in landscape/portrait full screen, flash support WRT support.

You will need a data plan and a car charger (battery isnt great with heavy use)

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
the i8510 uses the same browser as any S60 phone.

Runs in landscape/portrait full screen, flash support WRT support.

so you can view a website at full screen, and then zoom in to which bit you want to view in more detail/to read ???

Skoda Fabia vRS
Tom i know your a mobile god but are you certain, as ive read quite a few reviews which mark the browser/internet viewing as a 'con' on the phone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If it has FP2 (which it does) it will use the same browser as the N96

Seeing as thats the second best browser out there i cant see an issue.
(First for features second for useablity iphone wins there)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
And 12 handsets.

With the power of the INNOV8's WebKit based S60 browser, WiFi and 3G data, and the optical mouse controller, the only thing that keeps the i8510 from offering a true desktop browsing experience at times is its display. The browser renders websites exactly as you would expect them, and the mouse controller really works well here - even if it can be a bit of a bother otherwise on the phone. With support for flash and RSS feeds built-in, the S60 browser on the i8510 is just a sight to behold.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dumb phone = fail.

Pat cash? Headband and big hair?

Those pictures arent in full screen mode.

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I just got an iPhone.

The web browsing actually made me say wow outloud.

I was using a HTC Trinity (still have it as a 2nd phone), and the web browsing on that is pretty poor, infact... Compared to the iphone, it's a heap of s**t.

Worst thing about it imo is having to use O2. Monkeys in the shop actually made me want to walk out without one.