ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't Believe It - Never Heard of It - HELP!!

Clio 172 2.0 16V RSport
Hey Guys

A annoyed and blagged daz ere!!

Cannot belive it.....having gone to get x2 new tyres on my ph2 172, the garage made a shocking discovery :eek:

The found that my passenger side Spring coil on the front had a piece missing from the bottom and found the bit snapped off tangled around the remainder of the coil.......:eek: :S

Has anybody else had this problem???? Well Confused....never heard of it b4!!

Is there anything that can cause this to happen or is it just a fault with the spring???

Please help

Daz :eek: :S :eek: :S :eek: Hahahaha

Black-Gold 182
Hi Daz,

I had the same thing happen on my old Astra - the metal gets brittle after a length of time, and can eventually snap off. Just be thankful you found out about it before you did any damage to the car!

MB_182

yeah my original springs had snapped, it had its first mot and the tester came back with a piece.
Also when we changed my mates springs his had snapped too.
Its something to do with them being wound not coiled.

Hi Daz,

I had the same thing happen on my old Astra - the metal gets brittle after a length of time, and can eventually snap off. Just be thankful you found out about it before you did any damage to the car!
The biggest reciient killer of springs has been the manurfacturer of the springs it affected loads of manurfacturers the company found out it was a failure of production Mercs have suffered loas with it as they were the big buyer for the company.