ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon Ip4200 ink cartridge problem.

I hope someone can help.

Parents have the above printed and as to not pay the £30 or so for the offical cartridges I got some off a website for £3 each, however having swopped the microchips over they don't work the computers keeps saying its not got the cartridge fitted when it does. I've fiddled with the microchip and no success. The mnaul with the cartridges says just click yes when it complains and it will work and they don't.

Anyone any help or recomendations?

Breaking A 172 Replica
I can't help diagnose the problem matey but I can sell you some cartridges if needs be.

I have 60 and selling for 2.50 each.

If you can't get it sorted you can have these cartridges that will deffo fit.

Thanks

Sam

I can't help diagnose the problem matey but I can sell you some cartridges if needs be.

I have 60 and selling for 2.50 each.

If you can't get it sorted you can have these cartridges that will deffo fit.

Thanks

Sam

Do these have this little circuit board in them?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yes they do but I have just had a look and they don't fit ip4200. The fit ip4000 (the one before yours).

Sorry mate

Sam

Clio 172 MK II
I hope someone can help.

Parents have the above printed and as to not pay the £30 or so for the offical cartridges I got some off a website for £3 each, however having swopped the microchips over they don't work the computers keeps saying its not got the cartridge fitted when it does. I've fiddled with the microchip and no success. The mnaul with the cartridges says just click yes when it complains and it will work and they don't.

press and hold reset button for 5 sec, after that it will work ;)
PSP But you will still get warning that you don`t have ink and that you should replace it becouse you have old microchip on catridges

I hope someone can help.

press and hold reset button for 5 sec, after that it will work ;)
PSP But you will still get warning that you don`t have ink and that you should replace it becouse you have old microchip on catridges

Doesn't work that thats what the sheet with the cartridges said.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Cheap ink always bites you in the ass. Print quality gets thrown out the window and your print head will need replacing regularly as the cheaper ink clogs them.

Definate false economy. Bin them and fork out for the genuines.

Need any evidence, I used to look after various printers around Alton Towers, and there were a few 4200 LaserJets scattered around. The departments that bought their own 'cheaper' toner had terrible problems with the image transfer roller getting covered in toner dust leaking, and the printers were full of toner dust. Then the Hotels which used genuines through ourselves were always perfectly alright, and only ever needed the kits changing when it said it did...