ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 70-200 f2.8 and f4 lense.

ITB BG 182
Ive been offered a f2.8 L IS and autofocus lense for about £900 2nd hand but was bourght this year feburary.
Been told it is in mint condiction with no marks or haze over the lense at all and had a filter on since new.

Is ther anything else i should ask before buying this lense and is it worth £900?

Oil Burner
If its the IS lens then yes it is probably worth that amount (there is a non IS version worth less). £900 is a fair price.

I personally would ask to see some images of the lens wide open (at f2.8)

Cupra
I'd say it is worth £900 second hand, but I am going by prices over here and not in the UK. They are great lenses, but there are reports that they are a bit soft at 2.8, even more so since the MkII was released. The lens is used by journos and sports photographers the world over which speaks for itself.

There's not much to look out for, check there are no scratches, smooth focus, IS works, doesn't rattle etc and it has never been filled with water and you'll have a lens that will help get you some great shots.

They are reasonably heavy to cart about but its no problem to shoot them handheld.

ITB BG 182
Im being told over and over i ideally should work with a 2.8 if im shooting indoors with icehockey aswell this lense will be more than capable with outdoor shooting of events like cross country, show jumping and dirt bikes with rally events.

Oil Burner
A low aperture lens is a must of indoor shooting, not quite so required for Motorsport but it cant hurt.

I think i showed you some examples of me using the Non IS version of this lens for hockey, rugby, Motorsport when you PM'd me previously?

ITB BG 182
A low aperture lens is a must of indoor shooting, not quite so required for Motorsport but it cant hurt.

I think i showed you some examples of me using the Non IS version of this lens for hockey, rugby, Motorsport when you PM'd me previously?
Dont know, cant remember. I know Marky_ on here told me to pm some one but deleted my pm's so cant track back.

Think i might push out for a 2.8 as a first lense as that will be the main work horse within the icehockey season starting soon, i might have to wait a little longer to buy the camera but to miss out on a deal of £900 for a lense thats usually 1600 i would be daft i think.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Lens

Now we have that over with. The 70-200 2.8 IS L is a great bit of kit, and is a lens which if you buy for circa £900 you should be able to use for a while and sell on without loosing much money (if any at all depending on the market fluctuation at the time). www.camerapricebuster.co.uk for best prices new if looking, although they have shot up in price recently as now the mkii is out stock levels have gone down and not many places have them.

Indoor sports you need fast glass and this is a good zoom to have in the bag.