ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 6D

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Hi everyone I have a Canon 600d and getting into photography. I also like to shot video also! I am looking for a new lens something that can give a nice video shot and one that can give a decent long shot. I shoot videos for musicians and artists for things like Youtube. I have seen some videos where the camera when focused on a subject auto focus's? I have tried to do this with my camera however it just stays in the same focus throughout recording rather than a foreground subject? Tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Oh I don't know? That's why I asked =) but I have seen it on some videos and wondered how its done, but I guess I know now thanks.

The Sony SLT bodies do it very well (such as the a77), as I believe do most of the mirrorless cameras, the Panasonic GH3 is the go-to body for video.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi.

Firstly, I suggest you RTFM ;) if you didn't know it had autofocus or not .. if it does, it should be obvious on the screen as one of the settings. My 7D has this... [also suggest the stickies on here as they are fab, and any photographer at any level - noob or 50 years pro - has always got something to learn.]

Regarding lenses... what sort of budget are you looking at ? 50mm f/1.8 or 30mm f/1.4 might give you a nice fast shot for video but will be no good for distance. However shooting a very wide aperture such as f/1.8 or even f/4 will give a shallow DoF and if it's not auto focusing - you may have issues.

Shooting things from a distance .. how far away are you talking ? Generally, or for something specific ? Again, depends on budget but a 70-300 Tamron will be a good place to start. Good lens - nothing amazing but will do to start with and is cheap ! If you can pick up a second hand bargain, a Canon 70-200 f/4 is a cracking lens but not the longest - so again depends if you're shooting your subject across a large room or a sparrow from 3 miles away :rasp: