ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 350D SLR Prices

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have decided that it is time to upgrade from my 2mp Sony Camera which i have had since i started uni which means that it has just turned 5yrs old.

I have been looking around and have decided that the Canon 350d is what i am looking for.

Most of the prices are working out around £470 which is for the camera and the 18mm>55mm Lense kit. I have looked at the cost of the memory cards and i can pick up a high speed Compact Flash 2GB card for around £20.

Just wondering whether any of you guys know of anywhere cheaper for the camera and lense. Not to fussed about what lense it comes with as i will probably upgrade in the feuture.

Cheers Steve

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
you dont happen to have any images that you have taken with your 350d do you. Seen loads that have been taken but they seem to have been manipulated using photoshop.

Cheers

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Cheers guys that really helpful.

Looks like dixons have the best prices at the moment, just need to find a code for the discount.

Mondeo ST TDci
give me 5 and i will stick some up. im not a pro, so excuse the shots... they dont do justice really, you can do so much with the cam.... im still at the very basic learning point ;)

106 GTi
I found the best price I could get on the web, walked into my local London Camera Exchange and they matched it. The main think I have found on the my 350D is it is worth investing in some decent lenses. My two main lenses each cost as much as or a lot more than just the body. Results increased so much in the motorsport work I brought the camera for.

Some samples.

Canon 350D Plus 300mm f4L

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Canon 350D Plus 28-105mm

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_9467.jpg

Canon 350D Plus 70-200 f4L

IMG_0593RT.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Really good pictures, cant believe the clarity of the images, just zoomed in to full screen and didnt relise the size of the images.

May have to go into dixons tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

cheers guys for the info.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
One other question. Do any of you guys know of a website that i can have a look at regarding how to use SLR and the best ways to take photos.

A3 1.8T
Why spend £430 when you can get the new one(400D) for £480, £50 differnece for better lense, 2 megapixel difference and self cleaning plus a few other extras form the 350D

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
mainly because i only have around £400 to spend, Not really to fussed about getting the all new singing and dancing model. The features that the 350 have a more than enough for me, as long as i can upgrade lenses, add filters and have enough settings in terms of shutter speeds, thats all i am looking for.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Right will have to have a proper look into the 400d then. I just know if i tell my GF that the camera i want is nearer £500 than the orginall £450 that i was looking at in the first place she might chew my balls of LOL

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
LOL one slight problem. she has my credit cards, and will only let me use it when she is around, so that puts pay to that idea.

She's gonna have your balls when you realise you want lenses worth more than the body :D

Right, if you can handle buying off the internet how does £300-350 sound?

Check out the Official Canon refurbishment store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet

Don't worry, most of these will be simple returns or had their boxes broken/damaged and can't be sold as new. Even better, they have been checked twice by technicians and have a years warranty.

Last edited: