ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 1000D compared to 400D

RIP Dan
Funnily enough I was wondering similar about 1100 to the 500....

What is the general difference between the x00 and the xx00 range??

Hope this is ok to ask in here too KP?

Monaco 53/468
Code:
I saw this last night and was quite interested. From what I can tell the 400D was 12mp and quite big/heavy, the 1000D is10.1mp and a fair bit smaller, with a smaller screen on rear too.

Could be trés wrong but meh.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1000D was the bottom of the range, and has been replaced in the last year or so with the 1100D.

400D was replaced with the 450D about 3/4 years ago, which has been replaced with the 500/550D.

They'll both take better pictures than your iPhone, but in terms of D-SLRs they're a bit 'old'.

As far as the xxxD vs xxxxD, there's only one (1100D) so it's just the entry model and that's that.

The xxxD are aimed at the amateur bottom end of the D-SLR market user; your general average Joe Public who doesn't want a point and click or a bridge camera.

The xxD are aimed at your amateur professional who want a higher spec camera and aren't afraid to pop it out of auto mode.

The xD are (all bar the 7D which is still a cropped sensor [see xxD]) aimed at the pro 'tog. Full frame, big specs, silly money bodies etc.

I don't think you'll notice much difference between the 400D and the 1000D
The screen and AF system is shite on the 1000D

It's what I had first but swapped it in for a 450D a month later lol

Cayman S Edition 1
I bought the 600D a couple of weeks ago and am really pleased with it so far.

I had one reserved but after looking online (and only wanting one for the sake of it to do some HDR and stuff like that) I've decided against it. It's a fairly old spec camera and if you can find a 1100D then you'd be much better off.
People also recommend a second-hand 40D if you can find one (if you're starting into it)

RIP Dan
I can get a 1100D body only delivered for £256.75 from Amazon, currently have a 300D which is obviously very old and want to upgrade. Don't have much cash at all at the mo though so thought this wouldn't be a bad option.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If the 400D was too big how come you're after another DSLR? The 1000D linked up is a great price though, depends how keen you are on photography as you'll probably be limited by sensor size and that it can't handle high ISO :(