ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelling a Vodafone Contract

Inferno 182 CUP
Right CS wizards ..

My cousin is going travelling in October and needs to cancel her phone contract .. she's paying £45 a month on an iPhone tariff on a price plan started in around April 11. She only recently found out she was going travelling so decided she wanted to cancel.

I know this isn't enough to request cancellation so trying to pursue on the grounds she is visiting countries that they can't provide a service too ..

Does anybody know of any or have any advice?

Thanks!

RS6 C7
You will be given a settlement fee which works out the same as all the months added up!, Ive had a nightmare with them to be honest.

flol at trying to pursue that she is visiting countries she won't get a service from.

3. Services and coverage
a) We strive to give you the services when you want them. However, due to the nature of mobile technology, it’s impossible to provide a completely fault-free service.

b) We will also try to give you access to networks in other countries (what we call ‘roaming’). However some overseas networks are limited in quality and coverage so any access to overseas networks depends on the arrangements we have with operators in individual countries. It’s worth noting that some of the services you enjoy in the UK may not be available when you’re abroad.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/products-and-services/pay-monthly-terms-and-conditions/index.htm

S
he will most likely have to pay the remainder of her contract off with an admin fee I expect.

Moonlight Blue 225
I work for vodafone, the way we would work this out is: price plan * months left - VAT and that's the early termination fee. Which countries is she going to mate, we do a lot of packages that cut calling costs by a significant amount, we also have data packages as well.

John

Inferno 182 CUP
Sorry forgot to say - wrote her a nice email .. she sent to ceo's office - was cancelled in an hour :)

no ETF

Fiesta ST-3
Sorry forgot to say - wrote her a nice email .. she sent to ceo's office - was cancelled in an hour :)

no ETF

Well done you for being able to be a c**t in letters. When I want to cancel a contract which I've signed and agreed to, I pay the full term left owing. c**t.

Inferno 182 CUP
Well done you for being able to be a c**t in letters. When I want to cancel a contract which I've signed and agreed to, I pay the full term left owing. c**t.

did you read my letter you jumped up f**king mug? no!

There were perfectly legitimate reasons hence they cancelled it with no fee. Piss off.

fancy writing me a letter to get out of my contract with them?

Lol why?

BMW
want to get out the contract due to flying around the world all the time and the contract costing me a fortune!

Inferno 182 CUP
bit of a diff circumstance rob lol your an air hostess you still live in England!

They can see looking at your bill where your call charges are - there not that stupid :p - she had a genuinely good argument to leave

Inferno 182 CUP
no she actually is travelling and has been .. her charges have been ridiculous and she wasn't getting coverage in areas of europe she should of been .. vodafone attributed it to a problem and as they are unable to rectify it quickly before she goes off travelling again then terminated her contract foc.

thats the short version

Inferno 182 CUP
Doesn't bother me if you do or you don't lol - her contract is now no longer and she doesn't have to pay £45 a month for something she can't use :)

Not difficult to google the problems .. theres hundreds of people emailing into the CEO offices all the time with problems like this. Just be polite and state the facts and they respect it and help you out.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Could you post the letter up that you sent mate? Not so I can judge it just wondering how you went about it.

Inferno 182 CUP
I don't have a copy of the email as it was sent from her email address ..

But it highlighted the problems she had .. described how she tried to resolve them with no action from customer service .. asked where she stood and what she could do about it .. was very polite and sincere ..

They called her up and explained the situation and said they would happily cancel it for her FOC with no ETF. She obviously accepted and she is now all sorted. Wasn't any sort of trickery to it. Just emailed the right address. A quick search on google brought it up along with hundreds of other people having similar problems.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
IMO you sign up to a contract to get a cheaper rate. there should be NO 'special' entitlement to cancel with no HTT bar bereavement.