ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cancel orange contract?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
over the last few months i have been having issues with loss of signal and dropping calls.
its very important for me to have as much signal as possible during the day so this is really starting to piss me off.

i need to get on a business contract for 2 phones and will be o2 when i can, as they offer the best all round signal and best tariff for business users.

my orange contract doesnt run out until december 11 so would have to pay nearly £500 to buy out of it which i dont really want to as its dead money!
although one of the new phones i can get for free i could sell on fleabay and get that back but i would rather see if there is a way like if orange cant provide the service i need then it voids my contract..

anything that can be done??
thanks

You wont be able to get out of it.

I needed an early upgrade last year, they wanted 30 x 5 months to cancel. So I used orange best plan to whack it down to the cheapest tarif, in the end it cost me £50 odd quid.

Check it out!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Surprised you're having signal issues as Orange now share masts with T Mobile. I'd ring them up and discuss the signal issue with them.

Nothing at the mo :(
im with orange since last week, really good signal considering its swaps to Tmobile in my shop where before i couldnt get a signal for love nor money!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
do you have an iphone 4? mine is doing the exact same on orange since they joined with tmobile. its terrible. ill be sat in my office with full 3g and then next is searching for the next half an hour. they arent providing the service im paying for so its a breach of the contract.

do you have an iphone 4? mine is doing the exact same on orange since they joined with tmobile. its terrible. ill be sat in my office with full 3g and then next is searching for the next half an hour. they arent providing the service im paying for so its a breach of the contract.

No, it's not.

That's your fault for not checking the signal availability. Not theirs.

If you've opted in to the shared signal thing and that's causing it, then opt out.

No network has 100% perfect coverage.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
i didnt opt in. so therefore its not my fault. if im sat in my office with my phone on the desk with full 3g signal. and 30seconds later without moving the phone i have no service for the next half an hour. how would that be my fault? i havent moved between masts or anything of the sort. the phone hasnt moved.

Nothing at the mo :(
Im with revels,your obviously just in a bad area.. they do lik 99% coverage or something? I dont get it in certain parts of my shop* near the corner at times* but its just due to being in the build probably

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
like i said. the phone doesnt even move! it sits on my desk. then 1 second it has full signal and the next nothing. how can it be lack of coverage unless they turn the frigging mast off just for the s***s and giggles.

Mine does it when I'm at my Granddads. Doesn't move. One min got signal, the next second nothing at all.

Lots of things can effect the signal.

Clio 182 cup'd
i didnt opt in. so therefore its not my fault. if im sat in my office with my phone on the desk with full 3g signal. and 30seconds later without moving the phone i have no service for the next half an hour. how would that be my fault? i havent moved between masts or anything of the sort. the phone hasnt moved.

Are you sure you aren't holding it wrong!?!

One thing I noticed about my iPhone was that when it loses signal, it takes an age to bother to find the signal again, you could try another phone to eliminate a possible fault with the handset.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
yeah im going to speak to orange. try and get a months free bill out of them (had some other issues with them lately that they said they would compensate) and see if they reccomend handset swap.

Inferno 182 CUP
impossible mate

iphones are not there problem signal or not

i spoke to 100 different people about this and in the end i found .. f**k knows how the email for orange's CEO Tom something or other

got a phone call from orange executive office and basically its tough s**t see u in court

irritatiing really

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
turms out i only have to pay orange £285 to cancel it. dont know why but its better than £500!
o2 can offer me and iphone 4 16gb and a iphone 3gs 8gb for £70 and the two single tarrifs come to £65+vat per month.
first tariff is 500 minutes and unlimited texts
second tariff is 1200 minutes and unlimited texts etc

sound good?

Last edited: