ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you see the accessory/Aux belt on 182?

I've just bought a Clio 182 but yet to pick it up and have looked through the various posts on auxillary/accessory belt failures which is a bit worrying!! The car is a 55-reg with 34k on clock. The [Renault] dealer is servicing the car before I collect (just said oil and filter) but have asked the salesman if the belt can be changed as it's in the garage already in for a service and is more or less at 36k. He's getting back to me on this.

If the tensioner needs replacing AND the car is under warranty won't the tensioner be covered by the warranty? (obviously the belt itself is def a wear tear item).

I'm just wondering if the belt is visible when you open the bonnet to at least try and ascertain the condition of the belt (and check if it's had a new one fitted!)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes you can see the belt. IIRC, it will need the aux belt done as part of the service. I had mine changed recently, due to a faulty tensioner, approx £175.

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1
While you're talking about the aux belt, Can I ask if its supposed to be visible from underneath the car, as it is on my PH1 172? I would have thought it would need protection from any debris on the road?

Thanks for info. They've rung back and confirmed that it will be replaced so I'll make sure to check and ask for receipt.