ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you do anything about laquer peel? :(

2nd Black 1.2
under my side strips are peeling, luckily its hiding under them but still :(

looks like it needs some moisturiser :/

Rb Clio 182
nothin at all unless you flat the laquer out and re laquer the who panel sorry to tell you cheers :p

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You too eh? :(

I wasn't sure if the quarter need painting again or if it could just be re-cleared

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
nothin at all unless you flat the laquer out and re laquer the who panel sorry to tell you cheers :p

great advice.. NOT

To repair properly it needs sanding back, priming then repainting. just flatting then lacquering will make it look worse

RS6 C7
Get it done quick, Its spread like a c**t!
clccl007.jpg

A slow blue one.
Sorry to hi-jack this thread, still keeping this on topic but didn't think it was worth starting a new thread when this one is only just over a day old.
I'm having the same problem with lacquer peel on wheel caps, guessing that it would need sanding, then priming then painting and lacquering again?

Possibly less hassle to buy a decent set of 2nd hand caps, going on the bay from Clio Spares for £10 a pop.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
The laquer on my dads golf just wore away lol, wasnt peeling or anything, just white patches appeared and it got really bad on the roof and bonnet, he got the roof sprayed and a new bonnet. Think it had a s**t respray at one point before he owned it though.

Clio
Happened to mine the other day pressure washed the bonnet. Got under 2 stone chips and result lacquer peeled to a 10 p size