ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you do 200mph in 1.7miles and stop again for under £10000 ( malice look inside)

200sx s14a
basically the jist of it is a guy decides to he wants to try doing 200mph for 10 or less. he decides to buy a 1994 rx7 and do a huge turbo swap and others works to get around 650-900bhp with the ain of getting to 200mph and back to a stop in under 1.7 miles. i have only got to page 4 but it looks promising. its on overclockers forum by the way, not sure if you need to sign up

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105730

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Re: can you do 200mph in 1.7miles and stop again for under £10000 ( malice look insid

he's my mate and he will get 200mph lol.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Re: can you do 200mph in 1.7miles and stop again for under £10000 ( malice look insid

Can go over 200pmh for under 8k.:rasp:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

in a car... not a bike :p the 10k included buying the car, rebuilding it, and all the stuff he needs along with it...

he used to be pretty well known in the r5gtt scene... his first time on a 1/4mile he broke the record lol... i have had hours of convo's with him lol, knows his s**t!

200sx s14a

in a car... not a bike :p the 10k included buying the car, rebuilding it, and all the stuff he needs along with it...

he used to be pretty well known in the r5gtt scene... his first time on a 1/4mile he broke the record lol... i have had hours of convo's with him lol, knows his s**t!

yeh he certainly does seem too, cant wait till november for updates on the turbo ! should be awesome stuff although i dont think i would take my chances on getting in a car and doing 200mph when i know its only cost 10k to put together!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the car is solid, aslong as his brakes are up to scratch it will be fine lol :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

aslong as he doesnt do this

thats racing beat... he has spoken to them on what to do lol, they had a full flat bottom which was one of the reasons it took off so easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Good effort ^

Will have a read of this tomorrow since im off work for a week..

VRS

lol love how the parachute deploys when its on its roof doing numerous spins

E87 118d M Sport

LOL. Is the sound in time with the video? Or was his initial reaction to spinflipping just KEEP ON ACCELERATING!!!!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

Nothing against RX7's as i do like them but surely theirs better cars to start with for the money?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

probably, but it wasnt like he thought "i wanna do 200mph i need a car to do it... i know an rx7... " he bought the rx7 and decided to see what records he could do... 200mph was his choice.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

oo i see, i thought he chose the car for the task..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

noooo pretty aerodynamic car though.

Shame its taking the guy so long to achieve his goal!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

he is doing it on a budget, his job isnt very well paid and he has to pay for house rental plus the car is his daily so has to pay for that too....

ITB'd MK1

lol, just had a skim read and it's Stav's fault. no surprises there pmsl

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

LOL!

my recollections of that day are somewhat different

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol andy... im just going off what he has said, im not getting in to debates! i remember seeing the rainbow warrior go down the strip stupid quick though!