ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you adjust tailpipes on 182?

clio 182 'full fat'
my tailpipes seem to hang slightly wonky, one is slightly closer to the bumper than the other one, can this be adjusted?
ive noticed the holes on the exhaust hangers are adjustable but dont think this will actually moved the tailpipe.
its only slightly out but its annoying me !:mad:

Are the exhaust mounts knackered? That might be why.

You can adjust them, just takes a lot of fiddling about with the mounts. Best to have the car on a ramp.

clio 182 'full fat'
no, the rubbers look brand new!
i will try a cable tie (i think i get what you mean)
like i said its only slightly out
ill try get a pic
or can you adjust the bumper?

S4 Avant
no, the rubbers look brand new!
i will try a cable tie (i think i get what you mean)
like i said its only slightly out
ill try get a pic
or can you adjust the bumper?

You can't adjust the bumper.

If cable ties arent going to last you long enough, jubilee clips also work.

clio 182 'full fat'
saw a 182 today with standard exhaust and his pipes seemed to hang alot lower than mine.
guess his mount were more worn?

clio 182 'full fat'
the rubbers on mine are fine, was just thinking if i can compress one of the rubbers with a cable tie so it matches the other?

You can, and that's what I did when I had mine fitted. But cable ties disintegrate over time, so best do it properly rather than fix it again later.

182cup & 172 racecar
Mine was cable tied and sockets everywhere,they tried to fail it on the MOT by saying exhaust not secured properly.LOL.

under the rear mounts on some 182s are a load of washers have a mess about adding and removing them. does not give drastic adjusment but will give you a few mm.

clio 182 'full fat'
good idea!!! think this will be my best bet in the long run need about 5mm on the o/s pipe so they match
ill give this ago tomorrow.
i persume the bolts are long enough to cope with a few washers