ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can u organise a ph1 172 throttle body?

02' PH1 172
Hey guys, looks like I am going to need a new one of these.

Renault here are asking for +- £230 and a 21 day wait to get it from france.
I dont have the option of using the scrappers as there are about 20 of these cars in the country.

If anyone can organise or even tell me where I can order one from, that would be much appreciated.

Part no is 8200053557, or so renault here say.

02' PH1 172

thanks dude :)

Could always buy a single Jenvy item.

They make one for the ph1's? got a link?

There's a ph1 breaking in the for sale section at the moment, try him??

Ye, but I'm worried about buying a secondhand one and it not working or becoming faulty quickly

Thanks dudes

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What's wrong with your one mate??? Mine was sticking like crazy, if that's the case, it's just a matter of getting a good lubricant, (not wd40) I used silicone spray and it cleared the problem for over a year.

02' PH1 172
ye sticky is the right word I guess. Revs are not consistant on idle and keep getting stuck and I have to blip the throttle to get them to drop down. I did give it a clean and probably not the correct lube, but on close inspection of the tb, it seems like the butterfly is getting caught or stuck at the bottom and the pin operating the butterfly seems a little unstable.. hoping this is my issue if i replace it.

The outer cable corrodes from the inside, causing the inner cable to 'stick'. You can replace the whole lot without too much bother, much easier if you remove the front wheel arch.

Ph1
anyone know where to get the jenvey single TB from?

Jenvy used to have them on their website. Not sure if there any good etc etc

IIRC they were / are a slightly bigger port? You'd need to check their site tho mate. Think a lad on here called Stoodie? used to have one

02' PH1 172
The outer cable corrodes from the inside, causing the inner cable to 'stick'. You can replace the whole lot without too much bother, much easier if you remove the front wheel arch.

Ah cool. I'll see if I can source one, but there are none in SA at the moment, so will have to look elsewhere

Jenvy used to have them on their website. Not sure if there any good etc etc

IIRC they were / are a slightly bigger port? You'd need to check their site tho mate. Think a lad on here called Stoodie? used to have one

I think with the jenvey one, you have to run standalone management or get rstuning to remap the ecu, bit of an expensive option :(