ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone recommend a decent screen protector for the iPhone!?

Leon Cupra 300
There's that much choice, am sure some are rubbish etc...

What have people used on their old 3G?:cool:

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I used an invisible sheild on my old 3G for 17 months and can't fault it one bit. Have got one on order for my iPhone 4. They are fairly expensive but I guess as the last so long are worth it really.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I got a power support one from apple for 3GS and couldn't tell it was there. Unfortunately they not releasing iPhone 4 version till 26th July.

I had an invisibleshield for iPhone 2G and felt nothing like the glass and the ones that cover sides as well never work well as get crap stuck in corners.

I want flat front, flat back then bumper for edges.

Leon Cupra 300
I used an invisible sheild on my old 3G for 17 months and can't fault it one bit. Have got one on order for my iPhone 4. They are fairly expensive but I guess as the last so long are worth it really.

Those the zagg ones? Any idea when they'll be released?

Leon Cupra 300
You wanna see the scratch in the middle of the screen on mine!!

How the f**k it happened i've no idea... don't take it for granted

(luckily it's getting exchanged for 'signal issues')

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I've got the zagg one on order. Enter their iPad comp and they'll send you a discount code upto 50%.

Honda. Tesla Someday
JUST GOT my Zagg Invisible Full Shield!!!!! Mymate had 4 of them!! Dropped a box off to me just now! Looks SOOO DIFFICULT to apply it though!!! Hmmmm!!!!

see youtube video of the shield for 3G:

[YOUTUBE]WMHw0ULnrMU[/YOUTUBE]

This is going to take me ages!

Honda. Tesla Someday
ok, got the BACK of my iPhone 4 covered with the Zagg invisible shield. not bothering with the sides yet (like 6 peices!), the FRONT is really PISSING ME OFF!

You do NOT get enough solution (the chemical liquid for the application of the screen), I have just run out of it, AND my front 'shield' has some slight bits of dust/whatever in it! ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP EVERY TINY LITTLE BIT out from this damn thing!!! WHY havent they given enough of the chemical spray!! FFS I HATE it when companies are so f*cking stingy with stuff like this!! F*CK!

Going to keep the back one on and will probably take the front off! I took it off once already and 'cleaned' it with the spray...F*CK THAT IT DOES NOT CLEAN UP ONCE IT HAS PARTICLES OF DUST ON IT! IMPOSSIBLE! What a JOKE.

Oh and I think some of the chemical liquid went IN MY IPHONE 4 SPEAKER (the earpiece) and now its not as clear as it was before! I was so f*cking careful!! ARGHHHH

Honda. Tesla Someday
O, I took it off, WASHED IT under the tap to get any dirt off it, then applied it back on to the front of my iPhone. Ok, so after lookin at it with a white screen on my phone to check for dirt, its a little better, BUT still not perfect and it looks like the tiny bits will never come off, even though I washed it so thoroughly!

F*ck sake. Oh and I am praying that my speaker sounds better in a couple of hours when I leave for work!

E87 118d M Sport
But the back went on okay?

so the zagg work out at £13.30 ish after discount before delivery.

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Best off doing some sorta bulk buy off of best skins ever, exactly the same zagg material however you don't get the liquid stuff supplied so it's cheaper, all you need to do is mix soap and water and job done.

Have had it on my 3GS now for 6 months, and it's been perfect.

E87 118d M Sport
Doesn't mean people don't wanna protect an investment Roy.
I want mine for the back (not guna bother with anythingo n the screen)

Like I said. Careless. Both mine have been the most robust phones I've ever owned. Neither has a single mark on the screen. Each to their own though.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, just an update from my 6am rant about installing my Zagg invisible shield to me '4'!

Had it on all day, and you know what, it good! I didnt bother putting the side 'shields' on, as I have a bumper, BUT I put on the front and back. You will never get this on PERFECTLY. Another thing, the front shield is FAR FROM invisible! It has an orange peel effect (same on my mates iphone 4). It is very secure, and protects the phone 100%, BUT, I don't like the way it looks, and TBH, I might jus leave the back on and take off the front. Whats the point of having a damn retina display if I can't enjoy it!?!?!?

Hmmmmm, still, front+ back invisible shield and apple bumper = fully protected!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeh, does say in the instructions, i just hold it over the lamp for abit, and keep using the rubber squeedgy thing.

it says you *can* heat it a little to help the curing process. Hmmm, maybe mine f*cked up along the way somewhere! Oh well, lifetime warranty here I come.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've always heated the ones I've fitted. Can see it immediately help it.

It either goes on perfect or it doesn't, can be a pain sometimes.

this was my first attempt of a shield type thingy ever! The back is on fine, but the front is p*ssing me off. I want it on there for protection, but its ruining the whole phone!! LOL

Might ask Zagg for a replacement. Thanks!!!

(wish it wasnt such a pain to put it on)

E87 118d M Sport
All I'm after is the back protected so I can put it on hard surfaces without fear of scratching at all. Alot of these companies don't seem to sell the back only.