ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone just confirm...

F56 MINI Cooper S
Following from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=406663

Could someone confirm that this light i have on is the engine managment light, been searching through threads and have heard that the engine management light has a line through it?

Jordisbeast083.jpg

Many thanks

03 clio 172
I believe it is, its the same light I had come on the other day, turned out the spark plugs were shot. Is the car running ok?

F56 MINI Cooper S
I believe it is, its the same light I had come on the other day, turned out the spark plugs were shot. Is the car running ok?
yeh running perfectly normal, is it ok to drive with the light on? Is yours turned off now its sorted, and was yours running fine?

BMW M135i
Yeh thats the engine management fault light, probably just a lambda sensor fault. Could be shot cat or shot sensor, or it'll go away on its own after a few starts.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeh thats the engine management fault light, probably just a lambda sensor fault. Could be shot cat or shot sensor, or it'll go away on its own after a few starts.
started it up many times since it came on, took it out for 2 drives and its still on. Going to give garage a ring tomorrow see when they can fit me in. The thing is when driving im worried its going to die on me.

How much will i be looking at for the above problems mate? Will any backstreet garage be able to do it?

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
In the Clio 3 its called the toxic fume filter warning light which means theres something dicky with the emissions. Could be either the coil pack starting to give out or the lambda sensor. Either way shes throwing a code so get her plugged in asap. You will probably notice an increase in fuel consumed too :dapprove:

White APE
I had that come on a couple of months back. Turned the car off, restarted and its never come back on since. I just took it down to it being a renault. lol

reset the ECU it will go away for a bit :p unplug battery for 30mins if ya didnt no how to reset it

no need, this will cancel the radio code and just generally be a PITA. It turns off after a distance driven - off the top of my head 200 miles.

mines comes on every couple of weeks dues to a faulty rear lamba that isn't even doing anything (decatted - so wrapped in tape and tied up under the car.) It did this before and after decatting. I had it on diagnostics and it reads nothing just occasionally 'detects' a fake reading and triggers the warning light, no harm done, just ignore it.

If the car is running poorly when it comes on then it is worth getting it looked into as it could be the carbon cannister etc.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Update:

Went into the garage today for a dynostic check. Came back with the faults "Cat effiency below requirements" and "02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2", so it means a possible missfire or air leak or mass airflow meter. Light is off a the mo.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Oh dear, just been down the road in it and guess what... The fcuking engine management light is on again! :mad:

BMW M135i
Means the cats shot most likely. Sensor 2 is the post cat sensor that checks the cats operation and its showing that its fecked, get the emissions checked i'd guess they'll be off.

Does the car do a lot of short runs?

F56 MINI Cooper S
Means the cats shot most likely. Sensor 2 is the post cat sensor that checks the cats operation and its showing that its fecked, get the emissions checked i'd guess they'll be off.
Is this a big job, money wise etc? Safe to drive?

Used to do short trips when working in the village, now it does hardly any.

05 IO 182 cup
its not an engine management light, its to do with emissions and possibly issues with the cat or cat sensor.Had my 182 in for an mot and had the same light come up on the dash - there was a major air leak where my cat pipe meets with my exhaust.removed the exhaust clamp refitted new bolts and sealed the joint up with exhaust paste.

originally it was an mot fail due to the exhaust leak which threw the lambda reading out - after having the exhaust resealed the light does not come on anymore.

keep us posted on the progress matey, hope you get it sorted out soon

F56 MINI Cooper S
Hi mate, well when mine went in the garage last time it came up with some kind of air leak and emmisions, anyway they managed to get the light off. after this i took it to the same place for an MOT and it passed first time. its just came on again today, runs perfectly fine etc just like it did last time it was on.

Im taking it into the garage monday morning, will post up the results when i know whats going on :)

05 IO 182 cup
My Lambda reading was very high (1.08 i think) originally worried it maybe the cat but my dads friend is a mobile mechanic and spotted the leak straight away from the joint at the exhaust / cat and everything was tightened up and sealed which sorted the issue.hopefully your fault can be rectified without replacing the cat.

its odd that it passed but the light is now coming back on so soon, good luck with the garage

F56 MINI Cooper S
was yours safe to drive in the meantime while the light was on? Annoys me with all this hassel of it coming on and off etc. Thanks m8

05 IO 182 cup
The light appeared a couple of months before my mot and yes the car did run fine.I noticed the emissions light came on intermittently when crawling in traffic but went off when driving at higher speeds - i originally put this down to having a yozzasport system fitted, but later found out that the air leak was causing a high emissions reading which was why the light was coming on.

BMW M135i
its not an engine management light, its to do with emissions and possibly issues with the cat or cat sensor.Had my 182 in for an mot and had the same light come up on the dash - there was a major air leak where my cat pipe meets with my exhaust.removed the exhaust clamp refitted new bolts and sealed the joint up with exhaust paste.

originally it was an mot fail due to the exhaust leak which threw the lambda reading out - after having the exhaust resealed the light does not come on anymore.

keep us posted on the progress matey, hope you get it sorted out soon
It IS an engine management fault light I assure you whatever the manual says, its the standard obd2 fault warning light its just renault want to throw their own in there too. It'll come on for things other than cat faults, its come on now as theres a fault with the engine management.

Either the cat or the post cat lambda probe is rodgered, perfectly safe to drive and if its the sensor thats gone it'd still pass an mot etc. Just needs testing to see if its the sensor or the cat.

M

mini-valver

It comes on when it detects high or abdnormal emissions. I had a Megane in the other day with a broken cam sensor, as it was missing and over-fueling, it threw the emissions light on. You have a llambda code but as said its the downbank llambda so I'd be inclined to get another cat and have the fault cleared.

It IS a management light though as everything that goes through the exhaust is burned by the engine so if there is a fault in fueling or ignition, it'll generally cause poor running and mixture issues which brings the light on.

F56 MINI Cooper S
good to hear i can still drive it. just hoping it doesnt cost me too much. getting the diagnostic test done for free but obviously have to pay for watever it needs replaced.

BMW M135i
It comes on when it detects high or abdnormal emissions. I had a Megane in the other day with a broken cam sensor, as it was missing and over-fueling, it threw the emissions light on. You have a llambda code but as said its the downbank llambda so I'd be inclined to get another cat and have the fault cleared.

It IS a management light though as everything that goes through the exhaust is burned by the engine so if there is a fault in fueling or ignition, it'll generally cause poor running and mixture issues which brings the light on.
It comes on for other faults as well usually conbined with the efwl, as a general rule if thats on as well any cheapy generic obd reader can read the fault as well as the more complex stuff.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Nothing to worry about Jordi, mines been on for over a year, hasnt effected the car atall, it usualy happens when you have a de-cat fitted,

F56 MINI Cooper S
been into the garage today, came back with the oxygen sensors need replacing, told them i would call them if i wanted the work done. Got back into my car and the light has gone out again.

BG 182 FF
mine does the same from time to time, i got told not to worry unless another warning light appears at the same time

F56 MINI Cooper S
well no doubt it will come on again some time soon, will just wait and see and go from there i think :)

Nissan 350z
Jordi the light in your pic is basically the "something, somwhere is wrong" light. It can be anything from brake sensors, emissions you name it.

When the garage took the readouts of the codes they would have no doubt cleared it but as its already come back twice now its obviously faulty. Id get it sorted otherwise if something else goes wrong you wont notice it due to the light already being on! :p

Clio 182
hi guys, does anyone know anymore details on this little problem?? Ive had the same light on a while now, and yes i do have a De-cat! but that's been on 2/3 yrs and the lights only just appeared.

I don't do enough miles to really tell if im using any more fuel than normal, any help much appreciated.

cheers