ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone explain where...

Looking for a Clio Sport
How do I fit a coil pack in a 1.6 16 valve clio? i have no idea and im away to buy one from Kwik fit today so ill need to fit it.

If anyone knows of any pics or tutorial it would help extremely, thank you

this happened a while ago and my lass took it down to the garage, he did something with one and it still was the same then he did anothe one an the engine died, thats when he said thats the one needing renewed.

he only took 5min on it and said its a very common fault and charged me £30 so im going to see if i can do it myself.
do i need any special tools?

Last edited:
  306 GTI-6
My 1.6 doesnt have a coil pack. It uses individual pencil ignition coils. Had to get two in a hurry before christmas and so had to go to Renault. Ended up costing me £73.98 for 2! Have seen them on an Ebay shop for £35ish for four since then though.

306 GTI-6
Very easy to fit. Engine cover off, unplug the ignition lead on the coil, then use a 10mm double depth socket to undo the bolt and it just pulls out.

Looking for a Clio Sport
Yep got it mate, thanks

yeh the first and second have gone, now i just have to wait till the 3rd and 4th go lol

M

mini-valver

I have posted how to fix it in at least 3 threads, there's a search tab for a reason ;)

If you pay over £15 for a coil pack your having your pants pulled down.

Two of mine went in two weeks, after I got screwed over them being replaced I got my bro to order me a couple costing £13 each.

Two of mine went in two weeks, after I got screwed over them being replaced I got my bro to order me a couple costing £13 each.

Do you not like having your pants down my friend? ;)

306 GTI-6

Like said, its not a coil pack on the 1.6, its 4 individual pencil coils. If you need to use your car to get to work, you might have to pay the price being asked. That's what I had to do as I couldnt wait on someone on ebay bothering to get themselves down the post office and post me some, then wait for them to be deliverd, when I could just buy them and fit them in ten minutes.