ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Solid Top mounts cause wheel wobble?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Recently i put my car in at birchdown for a few jobs to be sorted.. I had a Power flex dog bone fitted, full set of Pirelli P zeros and balancing and some AST solid top mounts to go with my already fitted eibachs..

Before i had the work carried out the car was fine.. Since i had the work done i now get an awful wheel wobble at 70 :S if I hold the steering wheel loosely it shudders left to right..

Experience tells me this is most likely the wheels not balanced but since ive also had solid top mounts fitted could this be related to that?

Has anybody had similar issues after having solid mounts fitted? Any help appreciated!

Get a wheel alignment and the top mounts set up properly as the position of the top mounts alters the alignment iirc.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
sure its not just where you get more response from the steering? does it feel like a single wheel or the whole car shaking

Mondeo TDCI 130
Sounds like it may have thrown a wheel weight pal, i would get the front's balanced again! :(

BG 182
The AST's are adjustable iirc? So a wheel alignment and setting the top mounts up properly should cure it?

Mondeo TDCI 130
The AST's are adjustable iirc? So a wheel alignment and setting the top mounts up properly should cure it?

Yes they are fully adjustable, w edon't have the facilities to set them up, so always recommend getting it done ASAP! :)