ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I re use this washer? Radiator bolt

IMG_1319.JPG

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I used some instant gasket with a metal blank, working on the assumption that it will never need removing and I don't want it to ever leak, could just give it a good clean up and do the same?

I used some instant gasket with a metal blank, working on the assumption that it will never need removing and I don't want it to ever leak, could just give it a good clean up and do the same?
I have no instant gasket, I just dont want to have buy any more stuff right now so thats why I was wondering about this 😄

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Grease will be fine as Louis said, don't over tighten the plastic bung as I have read they break easily.

But Zach, seriously.... a tube of instant gasket is like a fundamental tool box accessory, I think I read somewhere that your basically not a man unless you have a screw driver (which you use as a chisel), an over sized club hammer, a Milwaukee impact driver and a tube of Loctite instant gasket.

Well I do have a bottle of standard loctite, its not designed very well so you waste loads, I normally just say screw it and put more loctite on and then waste the rest. Have I redeemed my self? 😄