ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAN database geek question for datalogging

172 cup, 220cdi
Hello,

I've got a Digitek Lizard motorsport datalogger, and want to get a couple of additional bits of data sent to it (which the ECU will be transmitting over CAN) ie RPM, PPS, KMH etc. So, like the thread title says, does anyone know the mk2 clio database (specifically a 172 cup and the ECU database) - note I know I can get these using the obd scan tool comms but the kwp2000 datarate is S L O W (like 1hz) and the encrypted database will be hammering it

I'm not sure clios use can bus i think they use a van bus setup, but data is transmitted via obd2 aswell which you ofcourse know, i've found the scangauge to be pretty good from what i've seen

Prab

The 172 has a CAN bus on it (125kbaud, 2.0A), but good luck with finding the CAN database!

Renault won't have made this information publicly available, and the only people who will know this information (definitely K-Tec and probably TDF) will have figured it out by reverse engineering the data, so aren't going to give this information available for free (they've spent time and money figuring it out after all!).

I've been keeping an eye out for this info for years now, but haven't had any joy. Good luck to you, and if you do find the info, let me know!

172 cup, 220cdi
Fully aware that Renault will have this info on maximum lock down! I've got access to the kit to try & reverse engineer it (PCAN explorer), knowing it's 125k & 2A will definitely help, but it's a fairly epic task!
I'll post my findings in the new year!

Clio 172
Did anyone find any information on this?

Looking at it i see it as 250Kbps

I'm trying to decode it at the moment.

I think thottle position is 0xFA Data block 5

trying to figure out speed and rpm but the data looks to be some kind of conversion.

I think 0x63 Block 7 is temperature, cant decide if it's coolant or something that needs a factor value to scale it.

It may help to get an obd tool on tomorrow so i can view the value of sensors and see if anything correlates..

I can see i'll loose some sleep over this!!