ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can anyone recommend some good door speakers

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
tried 2 sets now

alpine type r 15ow
Fli 5 Integrator 180W

both dont sound as good and defo not as loud as the standard speakers i took out my clio

looking for some help before i waste soe more money

53 Clio 172
I have infiniti Kappa up front in mine and I am very impressed with the sound! They cam as components but I still haven't got round to fitting them

Stripped yozza'd cup
FLI are shite, but the alpines should be much better than you're standards. Have you fitted them right?

Plus, for that budget, what do you want?! People don't sell stuff that's top quality for bottom end money. Be realistic.

I'd bet it was your fitting that's the problem.

Thinking of changing and upgrading my set-up, currently its fine, does the job no problem, i just want a better audio set up now..... shouldn't be hard with what im running, fusion component speakers up front (bass speakers) i call them, with no crossover to the tweeters because they didnt come with any... running component speakers up front not using crossover, is that bad they sound ok for my needs, just wondered if it made a difference...?

Rears i have have vibe 6x9s, they also do a good job but im thinking coaxial at the front and good bassy speakers in the rear, want to avoid a sub if possible... maybe amp the rears but its work i cant really be bothered to amp them at the moment if i got them.

The question i have is which might also help the OP is ... is running coaxial s up front a good or bad idea?

Stripped yozza'd cup
It's all about components. Co-axials are fine for a bit of rear fill, but poor for the front.
The positioning of tweeters is important because high frequency sound is very 'directional', doesn't fill the space like low frequency (bass) does.

Running components without the tweeters really isn't ideal mate. 6x9's are also chav crap. Drag your sound stage backwards.

Good HU, one good 4-channel amp, one pair of good components up front and some co-axials in the back. All the audio quality / volume you'll ever need if they're set up properly.

172cup
Spl dynamics,jbl 508c on a budgetor a set of rainbows will see a far better sound than standard if your looking at a higher budget amping isthe best way to do it. Just depends on your budget.

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
i dont want top of the range stuff i know what im gunna get for my money lol as for fitting how many ways are there its 2 wires to one speaker

Listerine & Poledo
alpine head unit
one of the power-pack jobbies
pioneer custom fronts
generic 13cm rear-hole fillers.
some sort of active sub box in the boot.

done

Mind, I just have the headunit and active sub, the standard speakers hold up easily enough and are sufficient. Not sure if they'd be much cop if I used the power pack though.

Stripped yozza'd cup
i dont want top of the range stuff i know what im gunna get for my money lol as for fitting how many ways are there its 2 wires to one speaker

Well that answers that question then.... fitting and wiring and very different things.

alpine head unit
one of the power-pack jobbies
pioneer custom fronts
generic 13cm rear-hole fillers.
some sort of active sub box in the boot.

done

Mind, I just have the headunit and active sub, the standard speakers hold up easily enough and are sufficient. Not sure if they'd be much cop if I used the power pack though.

I'm guessing you mean a power cap? If so, then no. complete waste of time. It's soooo unlikely that your sub is ever going to play enough sustained bass to require it. It's just one of those things that shitty audio shops like to sell to people who don't know what they're buying.

You're also better off buying one 4 channel amp, bridging two channels for the sub and then running the front components off the other two.

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
Well that answers that question then.... fitting and wiring and very different things.

care to explain after all im a beginner and advice woud be great . my plan was to just replace the door speakers and use the wires that were for the standard speaks. then when i get on wire them up to an amp as well as a sub

Monaro VXR

I'm guessing you mean a power cap? If so, then no. complete waste of time. It's soooo unlikely that your sub is ever going to play enough sustained bass to require it. It's just one of those things that shitty audio shops like to sell to people who don't know what they're buying.

You're also better off buying one 4 channel amp, bridging two channels for the sub and then running the front components off the other two.

Could also be meaning the alpine power pack which is a 45w x4 RMS amp that's small enough to put behind the headunit.