ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone help with a ? about trip computers.

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
I've a 51-plate mk2 ph2 dCi expression..
Heres a pic of my clocks/dials, i don't have a trip computer or at least i dont have a stalk withe the trip computer button...If i fitted a stalk do my dials have the trip computer or do i need different dials,as you can see all i get is the digital mileage and the trip which i can reset with the button on the dials..what i ideally want is to know the mpg it's doing etc etc as well as miles left in the tank n stuff ..
If i need new clocks/dials will they have to be from a diesel or will they fit from petrol models too ? ...

2009_04120003.jpg

Thanx in advance for any help/advice ..

The 2001 models didn't seem to have the trip computer as standard, fitting a new stalk won't change anything either.

Mileage is stored on the dials, but even with new dials I wouldn't have thought the trip computer would be able to work.

Golf GTD Mk7
Your manual might tell you what the reserve is on the tank? i.e. when the light comes on how long you have left. MPG wise. You can use a calculator to work out how many miles your getting per tank. You could base it on the total volume of the tank. i.e. 10gallon tank and 450miles covered before light = around 50mpg with 50 mile reserve. You can only get a rough idea. Even trip computers aren't accurate.