ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t get car to fire up

Audi s3
Hi guys

Recently got the car back after being built.

Loaded a base map up tonight , went to fire it up and it’s cranking, it seems to be getting fuel it just won’t spark into life.
Seems to be a clicking noise as I crank it.
The base map was from omex rather than a tuner so I wouldn’t rule that out.

What else can I run through/rule out?
Vid added to show noise

Clio 182
Just throwing this out there (Clio novice!) but my car had a very similar issue today. Car would turn over fine but not start. Bit of searching and thanks to an older thread on here it advised the TDC/Crank sensor. Took mine out, cleaned it, back in and it started perfectly fine first time.m

Audi s3
Just throwing this out there (Clio novice!) but my car had a very similar issue today. Car would turn over fine but not start. Bit of searching and thanks to an older thread on here it advised the TDC/Crank sensor. Took mine out, cleaned it, back in and it started perfectly fine first time.m
Thanks for the reply. It's just had a new harnes fitted so shouldn't be that.

that's the sound of no compression sorry.

Oh no? I fired my battery charger charger in and it showed the battery was low on charge,hopefully I'm just stupidly missing something. I'll need to do a comp test and see the results though.

dan's cast offs.
could just be the sound in the video but does sound like it's spinning over pretty quick.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Jesus, as above - sounds like there’s absolutely no resistance (compression) in that engine? It’s flying around.

Audi s3
could just be the sound in the video but does sound like it's spinning over pretty quick.
Yeah I think your right, it is. Everything is relatively brand new , could it just be timing out?
Jesus, as above - sounds like there’s absolutely no resistance (compression) in that engine? It’s flying around.

sadly think your both right, the car hasn’t been turned over since the belts were changed as it was being built , hoping they’ve just messed up the timing and it’s not damaged any internals??

dan's cast offs.
pretty much guaranteed you've got bent valves.

looks like someone owes you some new valves ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi guys

Recently got the car back after being built.

Loaded a base map up tonight , went to fire it up and it’s cranking, it seems to be getting fuel it just won’t spark into life.
Seems to be a clicking noise as I crank it.
The base map was from omex rather than a tuner so I wouldn’t rule that out.

What else can I run through/rule out?
Vid added to show noise
View attachment 1428835

Who's built the engine?

Audi s3
pretty much guaranteed you've got bent valves.

looks like someone owes you some new valves ;)
Thanks for the advice bloke , just waiting on compression tester coming.

Who's built the engine?

I’ve worded my op wrongly, the car was getting fuel lines , brake lines and and a full wiring loom built, the only person who touched the engine was the previous owner who owned/owns a performance garage who told me the engine was brand new! Looks like I’ll need to get in touch