ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft adjustment

clio rs
Hi
Someone told me that the camshafts need to get adjustment during the cambelt/timing service( the big service) otherwise there might be a loss of 15hp .
Is this true?
Was talking about 172/197/200

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
All depends on if the timing is out. If it's at TDC and the camshaft alignment tool slots into the end of the cams without any issues then the timing will be right. It's when you try to slot in the camshaft tool when at TDC and it wont go because they are slightly off then you'll have issues and loss of power.

clio rs
So if the camshafts not adjusted properly the mechanic guy will not be able to complete the service right?
Btw all you said is right for 172/97/200 right? Or only for 72

Im about to let renault's dealer do it for me and im afriad they are not aware for this kind of stuff..( since they told me they dont use torque wrench at this service ,and only do by "feeling" and locktite)

clio rs
They all said that.. Lol none of rn dealers here are using torque wrenches ... How sad is that

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk