ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams

If I was to install performance cams, what would it be worth doing at the same time to keep labour costs down? K-TEC cams! Cheers

BMW M135i
Cambelt has to be done, can't really think of anything else that you could be whilst there out really. Get the aux belt/tensioners done too thats about it I think.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
New cambelt for sure. Tentioners and AUX belt should be fine if previously replaced

Mk2 172
whats wrong with re-using an aux belt? lol

If youve got something apart then just change it to be on the safe side. the rule ive always used bein a mechanic! better safe than sorry no matter how many miles the part has done! if you do it all you know where you are and everything will be spot on then. at the end of the day its your engine!!!

2005 Nissan Navara
LOL

well yes I agree on the cambelt, but ive got a customers car in for cam fitting/timing and they told me it recently had an aux blet fitted, I wouldnt fit a new one unless they expressed a great urgency to have one.

It might only be saving £15 or whatever, but it isnt necessary.

I suppose you change your HT leads every time you remove the spark plugs?

Mk2 172
LOL

well yes I agree on the cambelt, but ive got a customers car in for cam fitting/timing and they told me it recently had an aux blet fitted, I wouldnt fit a new one unless they expressed a great urgency to have one.

No but its no where near as bad if a plug lead goes. anything to do with the cam belt and drive assembly then its goodnite pistons, rods, valves, head. your choice mate. just woulnt risk anything. the stuff will have been put on then taken off and then put back on again. just replace it for the cost and youll have no worries. end of.

2005 Nissan Navara
LOL

No but its no where near as bad if a plug lead goes. anything to do with the cam belt and drive assembly then its goodnite pistons, rods, valves, head. your choice mate. just woulnt risk anything. the stuff will have been put on then taken off and then put back on again. just replace it for the cost and youll have no worries. end of.

LOL, yes mate there would be engine damage if the cambelt failed, but i think you SLIGHTLY over exagerating things there ;)