ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam's? Can they.......

ITB'd 182...
Be fitted without a belt change?

Only had my belt changed a few month's back so dont want to fork out again :dapprove:

Any help would be appreciated :)

1.2 16valve sport
as far as i know yes obiously the belt will have to come off if your changing the pulleys aswell but cant see why the same belt cant go on.

In terms of your fitting cams but not changing pulleys and mean you dont want the belt to come off i dont have a clue if it has to be removed

ITB'd MK1
bit of a touchy subject. It's been done many times, but i'd never do it on something I hadn't done the belt on myself very recently. Officially you shouldn't re-tension a cambelt. As all your stuff is very new I'd probably put a new belt on without new tensioners.

ITB'd 182...
bit of a touchy subject. It's been done many times, but i'd never do it on something I hadn't done the belt on myself very recently. Officially you shouldn't re-tension a cambelt. As all your stuff is very new I'd probably put a new belt on without new tensioners.

PM me a price ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i wouldn't if it was me doing it. for the price off the cam kit it's worth putting a new one whilst there, especially after spending lots of monies on cams anyways!