ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Question Help....

A couple of weeks back, some guy (can't remember his user name) posted a photo of his car, which showed the car in colour, and the background in black and white.. i am sure he said it was his camera which had a special setting??

anyone remember what it is? or know how i could get this effect using photoshop?

Cheers :)

Do you know what the setting is he used? it was something like you selected the colour you wanted.. say racing blue, then took the photo.. and anythin other than racing blue ended up black and white?

This wasnt the photo i was on about, but like this... Sorry for pinching your pic mate..

67094633-M.gif

No worries! I can see how it could be possible in-camera but it would be very very hit and miss. Very easy to do in any picture editing software though.

yeah thats what i was on about, ok, so if i will get better results in photoshop.. anyone fancy giving me a quick rundown?

justinRT said:
yeah thats what i was on about, ok, so if i will get better results in photoshop.. anyone fancy giving me a quick rundown?

Very very simple, this in Photoshop Elements but it should be similar with whatever you use...

I just use the magnetic lasso tool and run around the area I want to keep colour, then inverse the selection, then use 'remove colour' from the adjust colour menu.

I use it sparingly but it can produce some nice results

67263720-M.jpg

The same basic technique can also be applied to many other things, for example this static car was selected, inverted, then instead of using the remove colour option I used the motion blur filter to suggest movement...of course it helps if someone is in the drivers seat!

67090869-M.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, it gets addictive although you need to be careful not to overdo it. I love these I took last year in Toronto then played with colour removal...

71395613-L.jpg

71395579-L.jpg