ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Lenses etc

S2000
Basically, for her christmas my mum was wanting some lenses for her camera (Canon A720 IS). After being in at the shop she bought it from she decided she wanted a teleconverter lens, lens adapter and a UV filter.

I was browsing on eBay to see what they had on there and I noticed these kits. Basically they have everything she wanted with a number of extras included. I know the quality probably won't be as good as a genuine canon item as the price for the canon is a lot more, but she doesn't use it that seriously so I would hope it would be OK and she could get more than she wanted in the first place for the money.

Anyway, does anyone know of any decent UK based websites or anything where I could get a similar kit? I would prefer not to have to order from the US as it would make any warranty issues much more difficult.

Thanks.

www.warehouseexpress.com
Best online retailer for 6 years!!!

TBH personally I dont know how good they are but they seem to pop up everywhere.

You won't find eBay tat on there though, most UK retailers will just have the genuine Canon TC's and adapters.

Is 210mm not long enough, you'd probably be better just cropping/digital zooming for more reach than using eBay gear. Save some money and don't bother with the UV filter as well, a circular polariser would probably be worth it though.

Banana
My missus has a similar kit for her powershot A520 and it's quite good for the money. Telephoto aint spectacular, but the macro lens takes a great pic and the polarizing filter is good for taking pics of the fish n stuff.
If you're mum's serious about her pictures though, she'd be best using the A720 for what it is - a point and shoot compact, and buying a wee DSLR for proper pics. They are all coming way down in price this year.